Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let the Anxiety Begin

Now that Chris has started the actual Ranger Indoctrinate Program, he is not allowed phone privileges. I rarely hear from him and when I do, it is a text her or a text there, but when I reply, he is gone! Today I got these very disturbing pictures from him with the following texts...

"I'm so sad!"
"My Leg"
"Can you see it?"
"Hamburger Feet"

Not knowing what the heck he was talking about and what happened, the anxiety attack began, I started to panic, worry, stress, and CRY! I tried to text back to say "Why are you sad? What happened? Are you OK? What wrong with you chest?" but he obviously had to shut his phone off and could not text back. Waiting in suspense, having major anxiety, I finally get a text back that said "Jujitsu 3 against me, broken rib, hurts to breathe, messed up knee". Again, I tried to text back to ask for details, but no response. All night I couldn't help but think about him and all the pain he must be experiencing. I can tell in the picture of his face that his head is swollen and bruised. The picture of his leg tells me that its his left leg, yeah the one that had $40k surgery. The one of his chest makes me nauseous to look at cuz you can totally see his rib sticking out. I can handle the "Hamburger feet" picture, because those are just really bad blisters that I am sure hurt him, but they won't kill him. He refuses to go to the doctor, because they will restart him and he doesn't want that. I know that all I can do is pray for him and have faith the Lord will bless him to be healed. Maybe this is why they say the less you know the better, because the more I know, the more I worry! And the more I worry, the less sleep I get!!!

No comments: