Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Giant Zucchini

Last week my boss brought me two zucchini from his garden. He knows that we have a not so successful garden at our house and since his produces more than he and his wife can eat, he thought he would share! They were not huge, but they were much larger than the ones you buy at the store. One Zucchini made 4-6 loaves of bread. When I brought them home, Cole was shocked at how big they were compared to the tiny zucchini from his garden. So, the next day I mentioned to my boss that my nephew was so shocked that the zucchini were so big. He told me that he could grow them much much bigger than that! He said that they had 1 more zucchini left and that he was going to leave it for another week and then bring it to me to give my nephew. Today he brought it in to work for me and it was ginormous!!! He said if he let if grow any longer it may not fit in my car. When I got home from work, I brought it in the house to surprise Cole. As soon as he saw it he freaked out! He thought it was the coolest thing ever. He was so excited, he tried to carry it to show his mom and dad, but it was a little too heavy. I wish I could have captured his initial reaction on camera, but the grin on his face shows how excited he still is about it.
The thing is almost 3 feet long and about 8-10" diameter. I am not really sure what we are going to do with it, but maybe we will have to try a few dozen new recipes to try to use it all up!

No comments: