Saturday, September 6, 2008

The lost Watermelon

Today, I went out side to water my sister's garden for her not expecting to find what I found. She and her kids planted this garden quite some time ago, but it just hasn't produced much of anything, but the one zucchini she found about a week or so ago.

As I was watering the dirt, I noticed that in the corner of her garden box, there was some weeds from outside of the box had overgrown in the garden box, so I decided to climb back there and remove them. To my surprise, I found a run a way vine with this attached to the end of it..


And also this...


Yep, that's right...two baby WATERMELONS!!! After gently placing them back in their box, I quickly snapped some pictures and ran in the house to show my sister and my little nephew who insisted they plant mini watermelons in the first place. I told my sister her garden wasn't a complete failure this year, she had 1 zucchini and 1 1/2 watermelons. My nephew was so excited when I took him out there to show him the yummy lil melon he planted. It was so cute to see his reaction when he saw it. I wish I had a camera to capture the moment. Maybe I will get a picture of him when he gets to eat it!

No comments: