Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mail Day!

Chris and I have had over a dozen mailing addresses here in Utah in the past 3 1/2 years. I got sick of filling out 'change of address' forms, so I decided to set up a post office box. I did this about 2 years ago and it's great because I never have to worry if my mail is being forwarded properly or if mail is being returned to sender and I can check it whenever I want. When we were living in Salt Lake and the post office was only a few minutes away, we would check the mail every 2-3 days. It sort of became our date night...checking the mail...how romantic! Now that I am living in Cedar Hills and Chris is gone, I rarely check the mail. I know what is in there...BILLS, retail ads, BILLS, credit card offers, BILLS, grocery ads, and more BILLS!!! I could care less about all the junk mail and I am in no hurry to go pick up my heaps of bills, so I only check the box once a week. The last 2 week I apparently have been really busy, too busy to check my mail. So I went today and could barely yank it out of the box because it was crammed in there so tight. After much force and tearing a few pieces of mail, I finally got it all out. Sure enough, nothing but BILLS and junk mail.


Would you believe that all of that mail came out of an itty bitty post office box. I think the box itself is only 3" wide by 5" tall. Maybe I'll have to set myself a weekly reminder to avoid this in the future. Now I get to spend the next hour opening mail!