Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dehydration Scare

As part of Chris' training, he has to pass a written test about the History of Rangers. The test is not multiple choice or fill in the blank, it is just questions and you write your own answer. Last Monday when he took the test, he failed. They don't tell you what you got wrong or how close you came to passing, its just simply a pass/fail. Luckily he gets 1 more chance before they make him re-start the training course. Tomorrow is the re-take and Chris is really nervous. He says he was never any good at taking tests in school and hates that he is having to take them now in the Army. I asked him today if he was studying for tomorrow and he sent me this picture with the caption "Uh YEAH!"
Knowing my husband too well, I said "Can I see you?" and this is what I got...
Just as I thought...listening to music!!! I highly doubt he is using his head phones as ear plugs, so I hope his crazy rock music helps him study and retain information. Doesn't he look so excited to be learning all about Rangers? I know he has been studying so hard all week trying to prepare for the big day, but yesterday morning he started feeling really sick. With horrible diarrhea and vomiting, he quickly became dehydrated. He has been passing out and so lethargic all weekend. He told me that he fell asleep in his bunk and woke up on the floor in the hallway. Scary!!! I keep telling him dehydration is a serious serious illness and it can kill you, but he just says "I can't go to the doctor, they can't even know I'm sick!" I lovingly remind him that I think they will figure it out when he is passing out and vomiting during his PT test in the morning! He just gets irritated with me and tells me he has to go, so I sweetly inform him that irritability is another sign of severe dehydration. Considering a kid in his last platoon passed out and almost died from dehydration, it really worries me. I know I all I can do is pray for him and have faith that everything will be ok. I guess there is no sense in losing sleep over something I can't control, I just hope everything goes well tomorrow!

1 comment:

amie979 said...

Dang Girl!! You;ve been busy with the posts...Im so proud of you. Sorry that there is so much drama with Chris' health etc. Be safe!!! Love you!:)