Thursday, August 21, 2008

No I wanna drive the golf cart...

Today my work had their annual golf tournament and since I am such a fabulous golfer...I was the official "check in" girl. I was responsible to make sure everyone showed up on time, checked in with me to get their goodies (golf balls and tees), received their team score cards and cart assignments, get everybody to tee off on time, and take a team photo at the end. Pretty important huh??? Well I sure thought so...I took my job very seriously, to the point I even yelled at a few people for teeing off late and making my whole T-time schedule screwed up. There were 11 teams of 4, so by the time the last group teed off, the first group was just about back. Luckily I only had to wait 30 minutes, which was just enough time to get some dinner...burger and fries...yum! I did practice my picture taking skills while I waited...
Check out the cart!

Finally the golfers started coming back. Some of the golfers enjoyed a nice cold beer or two, or three...or ten...as you can see in the photos at the end of 9 holes.
Ritchie and Jason
Taunya, Brian, Paul, and I have no idea
Jason (again), Dave, and Lynn
I dont know, Chad, Dan, and Brian
I dont know, I have no idea, Suzanne, and Mike
Darrin, Scott, and Greg...don't ask!!!
Scott, Pete, Not sure, and I can't remember
Hmmm, Jason, Eric, and Randy
Wes, Tim, and Good Question
Ted, Steven, and Not quite sure
???, Pete, Dave, and Drawing a blank
No clue, Don't know, Eric, and Mr. Bunny Ears

Overall it was a ton of fun. There were contests for best overall team score, longest drive, etc. Also, there were random drawings for tons of prizes and gift certificates. Since i was "JUST" the checker-inner girl, I was not in any of the drawings, but I did get a "Thanks for Helping" card with $30 to the Cheesecake Factory (Yes, I will be going alone since Chris is not here and I can't wait until he gets back to go!). I guess since I did so good this year, they already have me signed up for next year...maybe I will do better at remembering peoples names next year.

No comments: