Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthday Dilemma

Chris' birthday is in 3 weeks and I have no idea what to get him for his birthday!!! Normally this is not an issue because Chris always wants something. New shoes, a shirt, speakers for the truck, 4 wheeler stuff, electronics, etc. But now that he is in the Army and pretty much can't have anything, I am stumped. For most people, the question is "What do you get the person who has everything?", but my question is "What do you get the person who can't have anything?" I know this is probably a stupid thing to stress about for the next few weeks, but I can't help it. If I don't send anything, he will be sad and feel unloved. If I buy something and then pay to sent it, his drill sergeants will just take it and throw it away (or keep it for themselves, like they did with his new cologne) and that will be a total waste of money! So, what is the solution to my problem...? I could find a cute card and write in it how much I love him, but usually the card is attached to the gift. I could try and write a poem, but I suck at rhyming and he would probably just laugh at me for trying. I could buy him something really cool and send him a picture of it and tell him I'll save it for later when he can have it, but that is just torture to remind him the Army life sucks. I thought about making him a mini scrapbook with photos of us, but I have already done that for him in the past (repeat gifts suck). Basically I am out of ideas and will quickly be out of time, so my lovely husband will get nothing but an "I LOVE YOU" text with a virtual kiss. That is the best I can do!!!

No comments: