Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bye Bye New Car

Tuesday after work, all I wanted to do was go home and relax. I merge onto the freeway and 5 minutes later I am stopped due to an idiot Utah driver. Yes, this is my brand new car smashed!!! I don't even have license plates for it yet.


It was typical stop and go rush hour traffic. There was a large lifted pick up truck behind me who obviously decided not to stop. The sucky thing is that I was completely stopped and looked up in my rear view mirror and saw him coming right at me. I thought to myself...Is he going to stop? So with my head turned looking in the mirror, he slammed right into the back of my new car. As you can see, he was much higher than me, which is why he barely damaged the bumper, he went right over the top of me. Fully knowing it was his fault and trying to avoid a ticket, he asked me not to call the police. But I am no idiot, I've been in too many accidents to not know the drill. I told him I already called the police, so we just pulled off to the side of the freeway to wait. After exchanging info and waiting 20+ minutes with no police arriving, I called back to see what the hold up was. The dispatch advised us to just leave as long as we had each others insurance info. Lucky for him, he got out of a ticket! And I though Seattle drivers sucked...Utah is so much worse!!!

My neck was pretty sore, so I went to the chiropractor that night for x-rays and an adjustment. Of course, the next morning I woke up extra sore. I am still recovering from the whip lash and I constantly have a headache and feel nauseated all day. My car is in the shop and will be for the next 2 weeks, so I get to drive an awesome champagne colored Chevy Malibu. Yeah, its pretty sweet! It's definitely better than the white cargo van that Enterprise tried to give me. Me driving a cargo van...now that's funny. I would surely kill myself and everyone else on the road driving that. I can't wait for my car to be fixed so I can be back on the road with my own set of wheels.

1 comment:

amie979 said...

SAD!! I didn't know it was a Brand NEW car:( I hope that everything healthwise gets better real soon!