Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Sexy Soldier

My wonderful hubby decided to join the Army back in January. I was not thrilled about it, but I knew it was what he really wanted. We both prayed about it and knew it was the right thing for him and for us so he signed his life away and off he went. This is him being sworn in as Private Petty. He looks so hansom and so ready with his shaved head!


He entered BCT or Boot Camp in Fort Benning, GA on January, 28, 2008. Rather than doing 9 weeks basic training and then 6 weeks infantry training, he did them together as a 17 week course. That totally sucked for me, because that just meant he would be gone even longer! There was a "family day" in the middle, but I was not able to go. His mom, brother, and sister in law drove down from South Carolina to spend the day with him. Here are some pictures from there family day.
Chris and his brother John-Michael

Chris showing his brother some combative skills

John-Michael trying on Chris' ACU's

Dropping Chris back off at the barracks

One last wave...I so would have been running after him crying hysterically!

After Chris returned to "hell" as he calls it, he continued his training and prepared for graduation. I was actually able to make it to that...thank goodness! His dad, brother, and sister in law also came down for the event. Here are some photos from graduation.
Turning Blue Ceremony
(that is where he gets the cool blue cord on his shoulder)
He looks so serious and so hot!!!

The soldier's loved one...ME...was supposed to be able to put the cord on him, but by the time I got down the bleachers to him, his Drill Sergeant had already done it, so we took a fun picture anyway. Also, this is the first time I had seen Chris in 17 weeks. When I saw him I just wanted to hug him and kiss him and well jump his bones, but he couldn't even touch me, he just had to stand there with his hands behind his back in formation. It sucked, but he did sneak in a little pat on my butt when we took this picture. After the quick snap shot, I had to leave him and go back to my seat for the rest of the ceremony...torture!!!

After the ceremony ended, Chris had to go back to the bay to get his stuff and was released from "prison" for 5 hours! Can you believe it...I don't see my husband for 17 weeks, barely get to talk to him and all the freakin' Army can give us is 5 hours.

Back at the hotel for our conjugal visit!

Well, we made the most of it and I dropped him back off at the barracks. The next day was the official graduation. Here are the photos from that.

Chris and I after the Graduation

Another picture of us, but my eyes were closed...dang it!

Chris with Drill Sergeant Brown
Chris with Drill Sergeant Hord

Chris and Kawolski talking to Drill Sergeant

After the graduation, Chris was able to leave base for the weekend, so we headed up the South Carolina to visit the rest of his family. Besides the fact we got stuck in traffic for 3 hours without moving an inch due to a semi rolled over across the highway, it was a lot of fun. I got to see his mom and sister and was able to meet my newest nephew for the first time, who was already a year old. We basically just hung out with the fam and relaxed.

Sunday morning we got back in the car and headed for Georgia. Chris had to report back that night and I had to say goodbye :-( Dropping him off was so hard. I cried and cried and cried some more! The crappy thing was, my flight didn't leave until Monday morning, so I had to go back to my hotel alone, knowing that my husband was only minutes away...torture AGAIN!!!

Chris is working on becoming an Airborne Ranger. He has completed Airborne Jump School and received his red Beret and his silver wings. He is currently in holding for RIP (Ranger Indoctrinate Program). That is where they weed out the good and the back before they sent you to the official Ranger School. He should be starting RIP in 2 weeks and then graduating from RIP 4 weeks later. Good luck my love!!!

1 comment:

amie979 said...

WOOO way to many sicko details HAHA...Im glad you had fun though;) Love you!