Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Even Bigger Dilemma...

Ok, so here I am freaking out about Chris' birthday which is in 3 weeks and our 2 year anniversary is on Monday the 18th. That date is even closer and I have the same dilemma, what to do for him? I have no clue. I will be working all day and Chris will probably be getting smoked big time by some mean Drill Sgt. That is definitely not how I pictured my 2 year anniversary! Maybe it's just a newlywed fairy tale, but I thought we would go on a 3rd honeymoon type vacation and just get away for a few days where we could think about nothing but each other. Yeah right!!! Instead we will both be spending the day alone. Well, me with co-workers and family and Chris with a bunch of random guys from all over the country. So romantic isn't it?

I guess I can try to be overly optimistic and think about all of the wonderful future anniversaries that we will be able to spend together, BUT as long as he is in the Army, I better not count on it. Now that I think of it, I can pretty much kiss birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, vacations, babies, etc. out the door for the next few years...man that's depressing! Gosh I am getting all sorts of sad, I better stop blogging about this before I make myself cry. I just have to remember that...

No comments: