Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Christmas Surprise

Christmas Eve morning I woke up snuggling in bed with Chris, enjoying the fact that neither of us had to get up to go to work. All the sudden it hit me...I hadn't bought anything for his stocking!!! What kind of Santa's lil helper would I be with no stocking for my love? Of course, I couldn't admit it to him, so I told a little white lie and said that I needed to go pick something up for dinner that I forgot. I ran to Rite Aid to get some candy and a few other things for him. When I was at the store, I walked pasted the pregnancy test isle...it got me thinking...when was my last period? I realized that I was 4 days late. My periods are so irregular I figured it would just come in the next day or two, but I thought to myself "I'll just pick up a test and if it doesn't come in the next few days, I'll take it!" So chocolate and pregnancy test in hand I checked out and headed home. When I got home curiosity got the best of me and I just had to know. I didn't want to tell Chris and get his hopes up if it was negative, so I snuck into the bathroom and took the test...waiting...waiting...waiting...POSITIVE!!! Totally not what I was expecting. I was so excited and I wanted to run upstairs and tell Chris, but I thought "What if its wrong?" I decided to wait an hour or so and take the second test. Sure enough...POSITIVE!

Now, how to tell my husband...hmmm??? It was Christmas Eve, so I thought about waiting until Christmas morning to tell him, but then I thought, I can't keep it a secret that long! We have a tradition of opening Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve, so I decided to wrap up both pregnancy test and give him them with his pj's. Sitting in our bed, I opened my new Christmas jammies and gave him his. He opened the jammies and then I handed him another present with a huge grin on my face! I could not stop smiling! He looked at me kinda funny and said "What's this?" I said it's a present just open it. With a confused look on his face he opened the present and sorted through the never ending pile of tissue paper I stuck in there. Finally he pulled out a small Ziploc with two little pregnancy tests in it. Still confused, he picked them up and took a closer look to see what they said. He looked up at me with the sweetest look on his face and tears starting to swell in his eyes and said with a little chuckle "Are you serious?" Still grinning I said YEP!

We called my sister's house and Chris wanted to tell my mom. It was so cute, because he was so excited and couldn't stop smiling. Then we called his mom and sister and told them too. It was the best Christmas present ever!

No comments: