Saturday, May 2, 2009

Utah Baby Shower

Yesterday Suzanne threw me a baby shower in Utah before I left. It was so thoughtful of her! The invitations were super cute and everything at the shower was so nice.
She served lunch and it was so yummy!
It was a cake made of cupcakes...so good!
I got tons of awesome presents from everyone.
I never knew boy stuff could be so cute too!

The funniest part of the shower was when I was reading a card from one of my co-workers and it said something like "Congratulations on your new Son" I looked up with this scared look on my face and said "Son...I'm having a SON!?!?" It hit me that he was going to be my 'SON'. I had never thought of it that way. I mean I knew I was having a baby and that it was a boy, but the word son just scared me for some reason. Maybe because I associate a SON with a boy who gets into lots of trouble or who gives mommy a hard time. Maybe because it meant I had to be a MOTHER instead of a MOMMY. Sons need mothers and babies and boys need mommies. To say i'm haveing a baby or it's a boy sounds so much nicer and so much more innocent. I'm sure when the time comes to call him my son, I will be over the fear...until then lets just refer to him as my baby boy!

No comments: